Back To School

 


Source from unsplash by @humairateaches

I still remember very well how fragile I was after high school graduation. I still remember how sad I was when things didn't go my way. Then I started questioning a lot of things in life. A lot of things I've learned over the last year. It's not always about rainbows or beautiful moonlight. Sometimes, a storm hits me too.

A few times I cried, fell, then got up and laughed again. It's been that cycle for me. But, isn't that natural in life? Who says that life should be perfect? Who says that life should go according to our plan? This is precisely life, where sadness and happiness are commonplace.

I met a lot of people, a lot of looks, a lot of personalities that kept me learning. All those experiences shaped who I am today. Isn't that a beautiful thing? At least, I think so. One year ago, with my legs brittle, I was trying to find something precious in the middle of a world full of this uncertainty. Dozens of job applications I've submitted to several institutions, some have turned me down, some have accepted me and I'm grateful for that. If I had never experienced that, then I would never have known how to appreciate every job that existed.

The first day when I worked I think was the most thrilling day. I understand that the world of work isn't easy enough. There are so many challenges I have to solve. Computer trouble, bosses asking for monthly reports, impatient clients, to friends who are not all good to me. But now, today, I stand up and look back, it's all very beautiful. For the first time in my life, I felt that being human was a wonderful thing. Because we are allowed to feel so many things and experiences. And it makes us grow, right? 

Some people I meet choose to always display the good things of them, or the extraordinary things of them. But, I chose not to. By just choosing the good and putting the bad aside, it's just not being myself. In fact, if I may say, the bad things that happen to us are sometimes a good learning that is unfortunately to be missed.

I want to have no doubts about myself. That all is a normal thing. Feelings of anger, sadness, disappointment, worry, pleasure, excited, enough feelings of things, acceptance, is a completely natural thing for a human journey. That there is nothing to hide, let alone be ashamed of it. 

In August, I'll be back at school. Of course I'm happy, but there's still a little concern I feel. And I chose to reveal it here. I think it's the same when I first went to kindergarten. There's a sense of pleasure and fear. That's how I feel.  

I love going back to school, because I'm a person who loves to learn. I love learning so many things. The addiction of not knowing to be aware of it is something I always miss every time I study. The more I learned, the more things I didn't know.

Okay, maybe I'm a little weird, but I'm going to ask you guys. Do you also like to study? What do you like to learn? Let me know about it!

0 komentar